In vitro biology : cell-assay capabilities and experience across multiple cell types
Oncodesign Services offers both off-the-shell assays using commercial kits and in-house developed assays with customized reagent panels. We can offer medium to high throughput screening using biochemical assays on isolated targets but also using immune cell assays, tumor cells, tumor immune cell co-cultures, viral assays and ex vivo assays. Our in vitro department can customize the specific cellular assays to support your programs.
Commonly used platforms at in vitro department are:
Cell assays can address tumor cell function, immune cell function or interaction of both cell types in a 2D or 3D format using a large variety of readouts. Tumor material can be sourced from cell lines or primary material of newly engineered models from various species (rodent, primate, human…). Immune cells can be sourced from healthy human donors, diseased donors or from our animal models.
Cell-based assays platform at Oncodesign Services
We operate multi-disciplinary teams with over 30% of PhDs in laboratories based in Dijon, and Paris (France). Equipped with state-of-the-art equipment, we can do:
- BSL2 and BSL3 for pathogen handling
- Authorized for GMO use
- Authorized for human tissue derivatives use
- Registered biological resource center
- Radionuclide lab for in vitro assays
- Common Assays
Immune Cell Assays
- T cell proliferation, anergy
- PBMCs, T cells activation (IFNg, IL2 secretion, ELISPOT…)
- DC activation, phagocytosis…
- Monocyte activation
- Macrophage polarization, phagocytosis
- Neutrophil phagocytosis
- T cells activation/signaling, macrophage activation
- Whole blood assay
Tumor cells and immune cells interactions
- Complement dependent cytotoxicty
- Antibody dependent cell cytotoxicity
- Antibody dependent cell phagocytosis
- DC maturation and activation following Immunogenic cell death
- DC phagocytosis
- DC antigen presentation assay
- T cell cytotoxicity
- Viral copy number – RT qPCR in host cells supernatant
- Cytopathogenic effects (CPE) Viability | Compound selectivity index
- Immunofluorescence titration (equivalent to plaque assay
- Neutralization assay Immunofluorescence | SARS Cov2 induces cytotoxicity assay
- Cytokine profiling Differentiated Calu 3
In vitro assays can be set-up to characterize complex phenotypes. Multiple end-points can be assessed within the same sample. More complex, lower throughput, more physiological plate-based assays can be conducted, generally in cells relevant to the target mechanism of disease.
In combination with our medicinal chemists, in vivo pharmacologists and DMPK scientists, our integrated teams can accelerate your research program by an understanding and determination of the mechanism of action.
Oncodesign Services aquires ZoBio!
ZoBio has built a class-leading platform that provides a complete solution for Fragment Based Drug Discovery to clients. Their gene-to-lead capabilities include: protein production, biophysical and functional assays, structural biology (crystallography, NMR & cryoEM) and fragment focused medicinal chemistry. The team of 46 people brings its dedication and expertise to help solve your largest drug discovery challenges.